Thursday, June 25, 2009

Travel Album: Father's Day

I recently bought Stacy Julian's book, The Big Picture: Scrapbook You Life and a Whole Lot More - available here. It had rave reviews, and I've seen a lot of her work in my scrapbooking magazines. I'm SO glad I bought it, it is a GREAT book - full of ideas and inspiration! It had so many great ideas for mini albums (which I LOVE creating), and also has fun envelopes spiral bound into the book that contain beautiful handwritten notes, quotes and inspiration.
So, there is this section talking about her albums and how she has a "Family Fun Library". Some of the albums include "All About Us", "The People We Love", "The Places We Go", "The Things We Do". So, for Father's Day I had no idea what to get my husband; dad to our precious son. I wanted something meaningful, and also affordable!

My mother-in-law and I went shopping one evening before Father's Day at Target (I *heart* Target :)). We found these beautiful scrapbook albums about "Travel". We both decided to get one to start documenting the trips we take! They are 8"x8" albums, so not the huge 12x12 that can be somewhat overwhelming. They are also post-bound, so more pages can be added. We're excited to start using it and documenting our family trips :)


On a different note, AllVintageFinds had it's first 2 sales last week! Yay! This cute retro rooster tea towel now has a new home in the midwest, and the map pages have a new home in Michigan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment