Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I had a craving for Snickerdoodles last week and knew they were pretty easy to make and wouldn't require a lot of strange ingredients, so I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. Oh.My.Word. They were amazing. Ok "amazing" doesn't even do these cookies justice. They have a cup, yes a CUP of shortening, and 1½ cups sugar, but WOW. I think I actually ate all but 8 or 10 of them and it made 3 dozen (They were small. That's my rationalization). Next time I'll cut the recipe in half. And make my hubby hide them. And give half of them away ;) I was about to make them yesterday but resisted. Maybe tomorrow :)

Snickerdoodles

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).


In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Stir in the eggs. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon. Roll dough into walnut sized balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar. Place them onto an unprepared cookie sheet, two inches apart.


Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be slightly brown. Remove from sheets to cool on wire racks.

1 comment:

  1. want to be a part of an exchange? come read my post :)

    http://blueheartlove.blogspot.com/2009/10/exchange-anyone.html

    ReplyDelete