Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

This is a fabulously yummy dessert - quick and simple! My older sis gave it to me :) You can use frozen peaches or fresh peaches when they're in season. Yum!

Peach Crisp
2 cups frozen peaches (or fresh)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 cup butter, softened

Thaw peaches (if using frozen) in strainer under warm water. Place in greased baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.

Mix topping ingredients together using a pastry blender until mixtures resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit.

Bake at 375 degrees F until light brown and bubbly. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.

* You can substitute other fruits for the peaches: apples, blackberries, cherries, blueberries

3 comments:

  1. Very Yummy. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds delicious.
    and by the way, thanks for the vote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple crisp is one of my favorite things. What a fun twist on an old favorite. The best part I always have frozen fruit in my freezer and all of these other items in my pantry. I'm going to have to try this one.

    j3ss1ca (SB)

    ReplyDelete