Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Recipe Day: CSN Stores Review

So I have a fabulous recipe for some big fluffy pancakes to share today. Now, I must share that I was super excited to make them in a really nice non-stick pan. All of my frying pans are, well, eh... let's just say super old. And there may or may not be parts of them peeling off (Eww! Isn't that not good?). Needless to say, I needed new pans, so I was really excited when CSN Stores offered to let me do a review on some of their products. I knew exactly what I wanted :) After browsing through their awesome cookware section, I found these beautiful non-stick Calphalon pans, along with a set of Calphalon wooden spoons.
Sigh. Aren't they fun? :)
I used to get a little nervous when making pancakes.... not anymore :) I even made an over easy egg. And it didn't stick. Ok. Can you tell how excited I am about these? It's always great to have tools and things that work to help make things easier in the kitchen :)
Beautiful pancakes. Nice and fluffy. Nice and golden. Yummy :)
Fluffy Pancakes (from allrecipes.com)
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray

Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".


Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.


Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

And a beautiful over-easy (almost, as soon as I flip it ;)) egg. No weird crusty stuff hanging out around the edges (ok am I the only one that that happens to?). A perfectly yummy egg from this awesome pan. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE CSN. Those pans look amazing. I might just have to add them to my Christmas list. Good pans are a must. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pancakes look delicious. I need non-stick pans like that. :)

    ReplyDelete