Thursday, April 7, 2011

Guest Post :: How to Make a Desk Pad

Hello! My name is Doda and I am a published children's poet and craft designer living in the Highlands of Scotland.
I have been making things since I was little and so it is a natural way of life for me to always have a few projects on the go. I love to use what I already have lying around the house either by recycling or repurposing. I also love a good bargain and enjoy rummaging around thrift stores for treasures that are new to me.

I have made a few desk pads in the past and always found them to be very useful. It works out very cheap to make especially if you already have a scrap of fabric and some hardboard or thick card. They are perfect for sticking your sewing machine on as well as for catching up on some letter writing. (In this age of emails and texts, there is still nothing nicer than receiving a handwritten letter from a friend.) It would also make a thoughtful gift for a friend. To make the gift more substantial, why not include some coordinating stationery and a pencil pot upcycled from a tin can wrapped in the same fabric. Go here to see the tutorial.

0 comments:

Post a Comment