Wednesday, January 4, 2012

one little word 2012

My word for this year is intentional

Intentional | time. loving. caring. creating. prioritizing.

My goal as I remember my one little word this year is to be more intentional with my days. A few of my close friends already know that this is something I am working on. I am a wife, a mama, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a crafter, a blogger, a small business owner, and most importantly a Christ-follower.

Being intentional with each day. Each hour. Each minute. Each second.  Making them all count. Loving my sweet family well. Taking care of my home. Exercising. Eating well. Having daily quiet times. Loving my friends well. Loving others well. Working diligently on my business and blog, planning and executing ideas.  All as a result of my love for Christ.

Not sure how I will go about reminding myself or documenting the journey through this year as I focus on this word. Maybe in the form of a mini book with notes and thoughts here and there... observations recorded, progress noted. We shall see :)

What about you? Do you have a word you are focusing on this year? Need some ideas or inspiration? Go here to see a huge list Ali Edwards has compiled.

15 comments:

  1. Great word! Mine is remember. Remember the past. Remember to think about the future. Remember to be in the now. I like having a word to think about throughout the year =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word may be little, the goal is huge! Mine is "harder" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is forward. I am moving forward in a lot of areas of my life this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my blog post is below.
    My word is EMBRACE.
    http://www.bonitarose.com/2011/12/my-one-little-word-olw-for-2012-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't come up with just one word so I decided to have a word a month. For the first time, I am keeping an art journal calendar and will note the monthly word there. Throughout each month, I will make note here and there of how my word applies to an event, place, person, thought, whatever. This month's word is meaning.
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine is Fear Less. But I am LOVING yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Mine this year is "Scared No More"
    My adventure of tackling something that scares me every day can be found at http://momandherskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine is cheer, like "cheer" on my family, or be "cheer"(ful). I love your word too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we are totally on the same page! mine is intentional as well:) it's amazing how quickly i can waste away the day by doing nothing of significance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your word! Mine is beautiful. I want to remember that everyone (including myself) is beautiful and I need to see that in people. Also, the world around me is beautiful and even in hard times, I know can always find something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your word! Especially because you are a Christian and you are creative. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding if my creative side is intentional. Are mere hobbies intentional? How do I make sure? When there are so many urgent needs everywhere, does my time that I spend cutting and pasting paper matter? {I'm not saying it doesn't; I just have a hard time believing it at times.} So maybe my word will also be "intentional" this year and I'll journey with you in this endeavor. :) Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My word for the year is "choices". I want to remember to make better choices, to realize that I make many choices every day, some big, some small, but all are important.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Masha:
    "I want to change"
    I'm just trying again to organize my life. Learn how to plan and carry out what has planned. Learn that Jesus be an integral part of my life, not just part of the morning and on Sundays. Still can not do this (((
    I want spiritual growth, but for now - just waste my time. This year I'll be a mother. And I don't understand how to combine Christianity and business, being a mom and wife.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the word "intentional" for the year...we could all benefit from that focus! I have chosen "wings" for 2012.

    ReplyDelete