Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: Natalka of Skrynka

A big welcome to my new sponsors! I am excited to share a little bit more about each sponsor through these "Sponsor Spotlights". Please take a minute to visit their businesses by clicking on their ad on the right sidebar. Enjoy! :)
My name is Natalka. I was born and have lived in Ukraine all my life. I live with my husband and little son and my dream is to have a big family, live near the sea and have my crafting business as a day job.
 
I have always loved crafting. My biggest passion is embroidery, which has been a very popular art in Ukraine through the ages. I have a few festive towels which were embroidered by my Granny in the early 20th century, and they have always inspired me to create. All the ornaments have deep meaning, and most of all I like that you can find common elements in ethnic embroidery all over the world. Indeed all people are brothers and sisters.

In 2010 I became a stay at home mom. And then I started my Etsy shop - Skrynka. In Ukrainian, "Skrynka" means "little box, treasury chest". So I imagined it like a little box with ethnic treasures - jewelry pieces and home decor.

Most of my creations are inspired by ethnic motifs, but sometimes I like to make something modern and abstract. Or just cute and funny :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ashley! I'm glad to be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful work! Glad to have found it via The Creative Place :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love natalka's work, beautiful cross stitch & embroidery
    xx

    ReplyDelete