Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Craft Show Season

Summer is in full swing now - cookouts, pool parties, hot, lazy (I wish) days, fresh corn, the beach... and craft shows! There are a lot of craft shows around the state of North Carolina this summer (yippeeee!!), as well as during the remainder of the year- on up through November!

We had just moved here last August and a friend who had moved here a couple years before us invited me to a craft show in Cary, NC - The Lazy Daze Arts and Crafts Festival. It was FABULOUS. Complete with music and food (funnel cakes, oh my.) and beautiful work by hundreds of artists. The 33rd Annual Festival will be August 22 and I can't wait to go! :)

So, I've been thinking about how the Craft & Bake Sale at Southeastern will be here before I know it (usually early November). So, this year I decided to focus on 7 things that I will be selling. Last year I had a bazillion things and the table was overwhelming (just scroll down and look at the picture). I actually sold a lot of things, but it's surprising (looking back at it) since the table was so full, LOL. I found a blog of a fellow etsy seller who did a post on setting up your space at a craft show. I was definitely inspired and now have a bunch of ideas on how to set up the table this year to make it more visually appealing and less overwhelming. You can see her post here.

7 Things: Craft and Bake Sale 2009
1. Quilted List Takers
2. Coptic Stitch Journals
3. Upcycled Pages/Travel Books/Special Interest
4. Blank Notecard Sets
5. Fabric Bookmarks
6. Fabric Coasters
7. Mini Books

Planning out each item to make sure I have all materials or know what materials I will need.

Going to teach myself how to make Coptic Stitch Journals...
Image of inspiration from evalicious

The beginning of planning in my Idea/Inspiration Book.

(I love sending off for free travel magazines. It's fun to dream about different places I'd like to visit. Now I'll repurpose/recycle/upcycle them into Upcycled Pages Travel Books!)
The table last year.

Craft and Bake Sale 2008Have pictures of your craft show booth? Let me know! I'd love to see them and post them or link to your blog!

1 comment:

  1. You're so organized, thinking about the craft fair. I'm so last minute...I'm usually rushing around a week before throwing things together.

    ReplyDelete