I came up with this recipe after looking at a bunch of different recipes and kind of putting them all together. These are a definite fave in my house. They reheat really well, too! :)
- 1 (12 oz.) package jumbo shells
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) package ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (32 oz.) spaghetti sauce (meat flavored)
In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Add in cooled ground beef and onions.
Cover 9x13 baking dish with 1/4- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (enough to cover the bottom). Spoon cheese and beef mixture into shells, arrange open side up in prepared baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over shells, making sure to cover completely (so shells don't become hard while baking). Top with Parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove foil and bake for 5 minutes more.
Serve with hot, crusty Italian bread and a salad. Enjoy!