Friday, June 5, 2009

Weekender! Month Long Mini Album: Finishing Up!

Congratulations! If you were participating in the Month Long Mini Album project, it is finally coming to an end! As a wrap up (since we skipped last Friday...ahem!), you should be putting the final touches on your mini album - putting it all together, getting the cover on, etc. Voila! You now have a mini album to proudly display in your home or tuck away to pull out on special occasions :)

I ended up deviating from my initial sketches, thoughts and ideas. I came up with a different approach, making a machine-sewn (the paper signatures, or the insides) and hand-sewn (attaching the signatures to the chipboard cover) album. It was my first time doing an album like this, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I learned a lot in the process (like, count the number of sheets you need, twice. Or you will end up with 26 pages too many, like mine did :)) and know how I will do it differently next time. It was a great challenge for me, and really stretched my creative muscles! I hope it did the same for you if you participated! I uploaded pictures of the first part of the album so you can get an idea of how it turned out. I went back and forth on whether to show you the "A" and "B" pages-- they were the first ones and I got so flustered with them and wanted to redo them, but it would have not worked well since the pages of the album are permanent. But, I decided to go ahead and post them- I have to remind myself that it's ok to make mistakes and not have everything turn out exactly the way planned. Anyway- I was so flustered that I forgot to even put my journaling on the pages. LOL! Once again, I have to remind myself that it's ok to make mistakes and not have everything turn out exactly the way planned.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely the cutest thing that I have ever seen! I want one for our little one when he/she arrives! You are so amazingly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shay.

    SO CUTE.

    What a great idea, he will love that when he grows up.

    you are an awesome wife and mom!

    ReplyDelete