Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11 and an update

Remembering and praying for all of those affected by 9/11 today. I cannot believe it has been 8 years. I remember exactly where I was when I found out. I was on a campus bus at college on the way to my 9:30am Art History class when I heard something about a plane crashing. Only when I got to Art History and later on returned to my dorm room to watch on TV did I realize what had happened. I will never forget that day, everyone on campus was numb, people were crying, hugging, and praying. Continuing to pray for all of those who lost loved ones.


Update from Tuesday:
My hubby and I got to celebrate his birthday Wednesday over a wonderful steak dinner, and topped it off with some Goodberry's icecream. We had a close friend come over to play with Jimmy while we went out, and then we had some great family time at home before Jimmy's bedtime. Jimmy even "wrote" his daddy a birthday card. :)

Still getting ready for the Craft Fair. TWO weeks from tomorrow! I'm so excited!

I found some fabulous paper at AC Moore to make a cover for "Red".

Have not made any more pear notecards, or list takers or bookmarks. My sewing machine has officially died. *Sniff, sniff*. I've had it for years. Blessed to be getting a new one this weekend from my wonderful in-laws as an early (super early) birthday present :)

Made some mini Vintage/Found Paper packs for the Craft Show. These contain 25 pieces each.I dropped off 250 flyers for the Kidaround Kidsale this weekend.
If you read closely, you'll see some big news. The Creative Place has opened an online shop (complete with a shopping cart and everything :)) at www.yourcreativeplace.com. It is a work in progress, as I am still uploading fun new items, but I am excited to have an online shop where you will not need to sign up for a specific account to purchase something. Once I get everything complete, there will be a grand opening complete with bonuses for purchasing and giveaways! Stay tuned!

Have a GREAT weekend! We have some nice, cooler weather in the forecast, how about you? :)

1 comment:

  1. That's great! Congrats on the new site- looks good =)

    ReplyDelete