Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I found this great tutorial awhile back over at Design*Sponge for making Vintage Sheet File Folders. I was a little skeptical at first about using spray adhesive (I used spray adhesive all throughout undergrad for art projects- it was a love/hate relationship). I was worried the sheets would get all wrinkly while trying to glue them to the file folders, but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was!

What a cute and inexpensive way to dress up boring file folders! All you need is a fat quarter of fabric (any fabric will do, it doesn't have to be a vintage sheet!) and a folder, spray adhesive, a credit card (to smooth the wrinkles out) and scissors or a rotary cutter and mat.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Ashly. I am always glad to connect up with other Christian crafters.
    Just changed the name of my blog. I'm following your blog. Would you follow mine? Then I can get directly to yours from mine.
    Thanks,
    Coleen
    http://vintageterrace2.blogspot.com/
    http://franksukraine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying all your tutorials and the awesome links to tutorials you post. I used to use spray adhesive all the time for covering displays with fabric at a store I did displays for, but recently when I tried to do some at home, I had a spray adhesive disaster. This project might inspire me (or motivate me enough not to care about the mess) to try again (LOL).

    Yoshi (libertunity from Swapbot)

    ReplyDelete