Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Fun

Happy Friday! I hope you have enjoyed this week of eco-friendly ideas, findings, and inspiration :) A few more fun links and some tips from other readers to finish out the week...

Comments on: What about you? Any tips or ideas on being more "green"?
Anonymous said...
Often when I turn on the shower and wait for the water to heat up I have a large pail under the shower head to collect the water Then I use it for watering the plants or hand washing or scrubbing the floor - whatever chore that I plan on doing that needs water. The water is clean and isn't wasted. Plus saves money on the water bill.

Miss Val's Creations said...
Great post! I bring reuseable bags to the grocery store and also keep one in my glove compartment for errands. Another easy thing I do is use small containers to bring my snacks to work instead of plastic bags. I have an adorable reuseable snack bag I purchased on Etsy to carry my silverware in instead of using plasticware.

jess said...
we've been talking about many of the 'greener' choices in several of my classes. my ecology professor really recommends putting in tankless water heaters if you have the opportunity because they are able to heat up the water 'fairly quickly' when you need it, but unlike the tanks they don't run all day long, only when a faucet is turned on. and the best news is that they are continually getting cheaper.

Bego from Spain sent me an email with a link to this fabulous tutorial for making a bath rug out of old towels. Brilliant!! :)

I found these books on amazon.com after searching for "Repurposed Crafts" - I have not read them, but they look to be full of some pretty neat projects :) Definitely on my "to-read list" :)
Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures by Amanda Blake Soule

Sewing Green by Betz White
Images source

Check out Betz White's blog here. She has a beautiful blog full of beautiful and fabulous inspiration. She is also offering a giveaway for some beautiful organic fabric and also sharing some links for some other fabulous fabric giveaways. Go here to leave a comment to be entered to win.
Image from Betz White

Have a great weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. I checked out Handmade Home from the library once and it was pretty good from what I remember! Sewing Green looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just received my fabric package from Jozen at Lola's girl, thanks to the giveaway you hosted, and its awesome! Thank you so much for organizing this contest. I wrote about it on my blog!

    http://emmanemhandmade.blogspot.com/2010/04/thank-you-fabric-fairy.html

    I love your blog and will be back! The green posts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both of those books and love both of them! I keep wanting to repurpose a towel into a bath mat by adding some pretty fabric strips, that's an idea from Handmade Home. Thanks for sharing this! Did you see the post on my blog about making your blog carbon neutral? I encourage you to check it out!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to check out those books, they look fantastic! And I love the idea of adding some strips of pretty fabrics to the eco-bath-rug, thank you Crafty Girls Workshop :)

    ReplyDelete