Happy Monday! :) I hope you had a lovely weekend. We had a great (very hot weather!) weekend with lots going on- a downtown arts and community festival, work and play, church and friends, and some great bbq. My hubby was away all day Saturday on business, so Jimmy and I drove to Durham, NC to have bbq... and then we went again Sunday with my hubby. Yes, the bbq is that amazing. :)
With Mother's Day coming up this weekend, I've been thinking about what I would like to send to my mama and mama-in-law that would let them know how much I love and appreciate them. I love Mother's Day and while every day we should tell our mamas how much we love and appreciate them, I do love how there is a special day set aside to honor all of the amazing women who have loved, nurtured, taken care of and shaped a child's (or children's!) life.
I've come up with some fun gift guides in different categories - jewelry and fashion, gardening and plants, home and home decor, and all-things-photos. There are a bunch of things I found on etsy, as well as items I found on online shopping sites. I will usually create a handmade gift/card, purchase a fun something, or do a combination of both. I will be sharing some ideas for handmade gifts later this week, but if you're looking to purchase something, check out the below ideas. Enjoy :)
1. Nordstrom Contrast Stripe Scarf 2. Checkbook Cover - Rose Gold 3. Wrap Top in Jersey 4. Pink Studio Gilmore Flat 5. Linen Room Shoes 6. Sapphire Stacking Rings 7. Merona Satchel Blue 8. In Touch Clutch 9. Sherbet- Stone Bead Brass Necklace 10. Ann Taylor Mayflower Luxe Scarf 11. Love Letters Mixed Metal Necklace 12. Personalized Sterling Silver Keychain
Gardening and plant-related gifts - anything having to do with fresh plants is always great :)
1. Floral Relief Planters 2. Kitchen Garden Box 3. Mom Vase 4. Chalk It Up Flower Bouquet 5. Vintage Garden
6. Outdoor Garden Tote 7. Herb Pots 8. Meyer Lemon Tree 9. Azalea Topiary 10. Year of Seeds
11. Antique Spoons Garden Markers Set
Some great home decor items-- a lot of these are able to be personalized!
1. Family Clock 2. Red Poppy Bowl Trio 3. Embroidery Flower Table Runner 4. Weathered Rustic Style Frame
5. Nesting Pinwheel Bowls 6. Custom Photo Tile Coasters 7. Large Wooden Sign Family name 8. Chalkboard Blocks from Reclaimed Wood9. Steel Name Key Holder 10. Hand Embroidery Initial 11. Hydrangea Pillow 12. Heart Shaped Berry Bowl/Colander
Picture frames, photo albums and anything having to do with pictures is also always a great idea. With photo albums and multiple-opening picture frames, you can also add hand written notes and mementos. For example, #1 below- this would be great to put some great photos of mom and you or family and also add hand written letters.
1. Canvas Wood Frames 2. Reclaimed Tin Frames 3. Shadowbox with Linen 4. Hall Gallery Frame Set 5. Digital Pocket Pix 6. Personalized Home Painting on Marble Tile 7. Shabby Chic Shelf Shadowbox 8. Multi Pic Frame
9. Patent Leather Picture Key Chain 10. Portable Mini Pocket Polaroid Photo Album