Thursday, January 27, 2011

On Picking Out Papers for New Art Journals

So as I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy, we are getting so excited to meet our new son (and sweet Jimmy keeps kissing my belly and saying how he loves Baby). And, even though I'm feeling rather large, completely exhausted, and not really motivated to do a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. ;), I'm trying to a) get my home all "nested" b) come up with meals for my family (meal planning!? what's that? grocery shopping? huh?) - hello rotisserie chickens, mac n' cheese, pizza, cereal, and sandwiches...ugh, c) somehow sleep (I think I get up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom or have apple juice and animal crackers- I'm so hungry!), d) somehow sit comfortably on the couch and read books with my sweet Jimmy, e) put together new art journals for the shop, f) finish up some freelance, and g) put together the guest posts for while I'm away. So grateful for the response of all that have submitted links and such - I am working through all of them and you should be hearing from me soon (unless I go into labor before I can get all of that done. Quite possible. Hopefully I will get everything done). Thank you!

My doctor has been telling me to "take it easy" because my blood pressure is having all sorts of fun spiking up and down (not good for baby or me). So the other day, I dropped my son off at preschool and went on down to Raleigh to gather some supplies for more art journals - because to me, that's "taking it easy" - perusing the aisles of paper and goodies, all by myself (since that is about to change for awhile) :) Well, I guess I "took it easy" for too long (ok, I'll admit I was standing and walking around for about 1.5 hours), and my blood pressure went through.the.roof. To the point of having vision problems. Yikes! Not good. So we scrambled down to the doctor, with bags packed, baby seat in the car, and family and friends on standby because we were pretty sure that I would end up in the hospital and have to have sweet baby soon (of course, excited to meet him, but also want him to keep baking as long as he needs! :)). Thankfully, all is ok, baby seems to be doing great and is still baking, I'm still at home, and I am now very aware of what "taking it easy" means. :)
A sneak peak of some of the wonderful goodies I am working with for new art journals. Certainly don't know when these will make it into the shop, but eventually. I am liking keeping them on my studio table for now, glancing at them throughout the day. It's nice to keep seeing the different groups of paper for different journals - helping to marinate in my brain for putting them together.

I am absolutely in love with the paper in the top left - the woodsy flower-dy paper. Not a normal love for me, either - I don't know what attracted my eye to it- maybe the vintage look of it?

1 comment: