I love it when bloggers do "Random Things About Themselves" posts, and thought it would be fun to put together a (random) list of random things about me, the blogger behind The Creative Place.
1. I love sugar. Like, it's not good how much I love sugar. My hubby and I are on a venture to try and stop drinking soda (at least for awhile). We won't talk about the Mountain Dew I purchased at the Target Cafe this morning. Bah.
2. I hate flying. I have flown to Europe, to the Caribbean, to the west coast, to Mexico. But I hate it. I cry before flying, I dislike it that much. I have major issues with anxiety over it. Working on it. Lots of prayer.
3. I get so excited to flip the calendar to a new month each month.
4. We have "Clean Sheet Night" every Friday night. I take all of the sheets and blankets off all of the beds, wash them and put them back on. There is nothing like climbing into bed all nice and clean with crisp clean sheets to start off the weekend.
5. I shower at night. I have to be clean before going to bed. Weird, I know.
6. I love to do laundry. Well, at least the washing and folding part. Getting it all put away? Not so much.
7. I love to make lists. I have 10 or so lists on my desktop right now on the Post-It note app.
8. I love crossing things off my to-do lists even more.
9. We love to have people over to our house, to hang out or to share a meal. Everyday my son asks "Who's coming over today?" No joke.
10. I love the smell of rain.
11. I used to run cross country (or at least tried to run ;)) in high school. Working on that again with Couch-2-5k.
12. I still don't know how to use my Twitter. The website that "Anonymous" left on my Twitter post the other day was super helpful (thanks!), but I'm still getting the hang of it.
13. I had food poisoning REALLY bad my freshman year in college. Like, the paramedics had to be called and I went to the hospital in an ambulance. I was on an IV for several hours and lost about 10 pounds. Hands down the sickest I have ever been in my entire life.
14. Growing up, every Halloween I was a princess, a fairy princess, a ballerina or something of those sorts. Anything where I could wear pink, frilly and a tutu.
15. My first cavity I ever had (my freshman year in college....quite a big year health wise ;)), I had to have a root canal for it because it was that bad.
16. I strive to have one of every food group at every meal I prepare (dairy, fruit, veggie, meat, grain, and of course a sweet ;)).
17. I have to clean my kitchen and family room every night before bed. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I haven't cleaned/picked up at night. It really just helps the next morning/day to be smoother, so I can get right to cooking and playing with my sons (and making more messes :)).
18. My favorite color is green.
19. I never, ever thought I would like having a laptop computer more than a desktop computer.
20. Or that I would like a Mac more than a PC. I love my Mac.
21. I do not like having wood floors. I know, I know, everyone else on the planet loves them. I despise them. Our wood floors magically create dust/dirt/crumbs every day. No matter how much I sweep. I tell my hubby at least once every other week how I really do not want wood floors the next place we live. Maybe this will all change. Maybe not.
22. My favorite meal is my mama's homemade spaghetti and meatballs, a salad, and fresh garlic/parmesan bread. We are having this tonight.
23. Coming up with 25 random things is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
24. I love how it looks outside right before a thunderstorm.
25. One more random thing: I love magazines. I have so many subscriptions, I need to count them all up. I have received them as gifts or super cheap through tanga or with a discount coupon code.