Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DIY :: Confetti Valentine Card

A few months ago, I made this card for my dad for his birthday. I loved how it turned out (so did my dad!), and decided to make one for Valentine's Day. They are not too difficult to make, and I will be showing you how to make my confetti windows (which are also available for purchase and customization in my shop).
Supplies:
+ a pre-made white 4.25"x 5.5" folded notecard (you could make your own from cardstock, I already had this on hand)
+ red, white, and pink papers, and/or vintage-y book pages
+ 2 sheets of transparency material, big enough to cover the heart you will cut out on the card (you could also use page protector material)
+ white sheet (text weight, not cardstock) of paper, cut to 5" x 8"
+ xacto blade
+ hole punch
+ rolling adhesive
+ sewing machine and thread (if you don't have a sewing machine, you could probably just use rolling adhesive... not sure, as I've never tried it ;))

Begin by tracing a heart onto the inside left of the card (so you won't see your pencil marks on the finished card). Cut out with your xacto blade- be careful! :)
 The front of the card after you cut the heart out.
 Punch out a bunch of confetti from the pink, red, white and vintagey book papers.
Cut down the transparency material (or page protector) to large enough to cover the heart window (and to not be able to see your sewing once it is glued on).
Sew a little pocket, leaving one side open. Pour in your confetti pieces.
 Sew up the open side.
Run the rolling adhesive along the edges of the confetti window so you can adhere it on the inside of the card. Be careful that the adhesive does not come through the window (it'd be all sticky on the front).
Now take the 5" x 8" sheet of white paper and put adhesive around the edges. I also added a strip of adhesive to the fold of the inside of the card. Carefully place the sheet onto the card and smooth out any wrinkles.
 Voila! A Confetti Valentine Card. I chose to leave the front blank, but you could easily write on "Happy Valentine's Day" or "I love you" or whatever :)

16 comments:

  1. Love this so simple and a great use for all of those hole punches! I have so many ideas running through my head. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I love anything with confetti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely! It's perfect for Valentine's Day or any day you want to say you care for someone. Thank you for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. homemade cards are always the best and this idea is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely going to do this!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea!
    Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple idea, Endless possibilities! Thank you for showing us how.

    ReplyDelete