Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What a yummy afternoon (or evening!) snack :)

Almond Toffee Popcorn

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
8 cups popped corn

In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, water and almonds. Cook over a moderate heat until it registers 280 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Add the vanilla extract. Stir well and pour over the popped corn. Pour onto wax paper to cool. Store in an air tight container. Makes 8 cups.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    j3ss1ca (SB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O My! I think that I have to make this recipe tonight!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm yummy! this looks delicious!! you had me at toffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. I may have to make some of this now.

    ~LadyAmbrosia Swapbot

    ReplyDelete