Thursday, July 14, 2011

Painting with Q-Tips

My sweet son Jimmy and I had some craft time this afternoon while baby was still napping- painting with q-tips. We made all sorts of color mixes, patterns and designs. He loved "making rainbows" and singing the rainbow song.
Jimmy's paintings
My paintings. I held three q-tips together (all dipped in different paint colors) and made a sweeping motion- top left painting, made dots with the end of the q-tip - top right painting. I held the q-tip and "flicked" the top to splatter paint- bottom left painting and then drew organic curly shapes- bottom right painting.
Thinking I could scan these in and put them into a mini album or use as a cover?

2 comments:

  1. These are great! Seeing your post totally gave me an ah ha creative moment.. I could use Q-tips to do a bit of writing that is hard to do with the paint brushes, I am going to try it tonight if I can! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great artwork!
    I never thought of using Q-tips. Thanks for sharing!
    You should difintely scan the pictures and put them into a mini album!

    Greetings from FarfallaDK
    P.S. I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete