Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cinnamon Cake

I have a huge sweet tooth and I think (and wish ;)) I could eat sweets and pastries all day long :) I found this recipe -- a yummy cake with cinnamon swirls and powdered sugar icing. Enjoy :)

Cinnamon Cake
1 pkg. yellow cake mix (18-1/4 oz.)
3.4oz. pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1-1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Grease a bundt pan and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Pour half the cake batter into the pan. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar mix on top. Pour remaining batter on top. Bake in preheated oven for one hour or until golden brown. Cool for 5-7 minutes and then remove from pan. Pour icing (see below) over top while still warm.

Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. butter

Mix all ingredients until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. I think I just drooled a bit on my laptop! YUM!

    I'm with you on the eating sweets all day - so dangerous!!

    I can't wait to make this! We don't have any yellow cake mix on hand...may have to try from scratch. Not sure I can wait to get to the store! ;-)

    ReplyDelete